Terms And Conditions
Last updated: January 17, 2022
Portfolio Management services are offered by Assurican Private Wealth a division of Equiton Capital Inc., which is regulated by the Ontario Securities Commission, Alberta Securities Commission and the British Columbia Securities Commission. Client record keeping and asset custody is performed by National Bank Financial Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of National Bank of Canada and a member of the Canadian Investor Protection Fund (CIPF).
You agree to access and use Website for lawful purposes, only. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to your use of the Website. By accessing the Website, you agree that you will not:
• Use the Website to commit a criminal offense, or to encourage others to conduct acts that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
• Post (or transmit) any unlawful, threatening, libelous, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, profane, or otherwise objectionable content;
• Use the Website to impersonate other parties or entities;
• Use the Website to upload any content that contains a software virus, such as a Trojan Horse or any other computer codes, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the daily function of the Website (or the hardware/software of any other person who may access the Website);
• Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any materials, that you do not have the right to transmit under any law (or under any contractual relationship);
• Alter, damage, or delete any content posted on the Website;
• Disrupt the Website’s normal functionality in any way;
• Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
• Post any material that infringes (or violates) the intellectual rights of others; or
• Collect (or store) personal information about others.
Termination of Use
Trademark and Copyright
The Website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. You are authorized to view, download and print portions of the Website solely for your personal and non-commercial use or as we otherwise permit, provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. Any other use of materials on the Website, including: (1) reproduction, except as authorized herein; (2) modifications; (3) distributions; (4) republication; (5) transmission; (6) re-transmissions; (7) or public showing is strictly prohibited.
You may not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices contained in information or products retrieved from the Website.
All of our trademarks are protected by Canadian law. Unauthorized use of our trademarks is strictly prohibited. All other trademark, service marks, company names or company logos, as used or referenced in the Website, are the property of their respective owners.
Third Party Links
From time to time the Website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Limitation of Liability
Your use of any information or materials on the Website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through the Website meet your specific requirements.
Unauthorized use of the Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
Your use of the Website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
We control the Website from our offices within the Province of Ontario. By accessing the Website, you agree that all matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Website shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario. You also agree and hereby submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to such matters. Neither Assurican Private Wealth nor any Related Issuer or any other person makes any representation that the contents of the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations and accessing them from jurisdictions where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. Any cause of action that you may have with respect to the Website must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred. The course of conduct between the parties shall not act to modify any provision of this agreement.